Then and Now
- Public Interest Auction
- 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Providence Biltmore Hotel
- Reassessing NEW YORK TIMES CO. V. SULLIVAN: Freedom of the Press, 50 Years Later
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- RWU School of Law
- Washington, D.C. Law Alumni Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Marriott Washington at Metro Center, 775 12th Street NW, Washington, D.C.
- New York City Alumni Networking Reception
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
- Women in Law Day
- Ten Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI
Professor Diana J. Hassel
Professor Diana Hassel is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at RWU Law. She regularly leads a group of students to experience "Legal Washington," an excursion featuring attendance at a Supreme Court argument, a session with Associate Justice Samuel Alito and his law clerks, a visit to the Department of Justice, and a session with United States Senator Sheldon Whitehouse.
In addition to her work in the school’s Honors and Study Abroad programs, Professor Hassel teaches classes in Constitutional Law, Civil Rights litigation, and lawyering skills. She serves as a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association’s Legal Services Committee and participates in community legal education through a program called Citizen’s Law School. Prior to joining RWU’s faculty, she served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. There she represented the United States in various aspects of civil litigation including civil rights, environment issues, tax matters and defense contractor fraud.
She holds a Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Mount Holyoke College.