Then and Now
- Public Interest Auction
- 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Providence Biltmore Hotel
- Reassessing NEW YORK TIMES CO. V. SULLIVAN: Freedom of the Press, 50 Years Later
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- RWU School of Law
- Washington, D.C. Law Alumni Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Marriott Washington at Metro Center, 775 12th Street NW, Washington, D.C.
- New York City Alumni Networking Reception
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
- Women in Law Day
- Ten Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI
Twenty years may not seem like a long time, but since its founding, RWU Law has seen the Bosnian War, the popular rise of e-mail and the World Wide Web, the O.J. Simpson trial, the introduction of Windows 95, the cloning of Dolly the sheep, the handover of Hong Kong to China, the deaths of Princess Diana and JFK, Jr., the turn of the Millennium, the 2000 election and Florida recount, the September 11 terror attacks, the Station Nightclub fire, the War on Terror, the Asian tsunami, the death of John Paul II, Hurricane Katrina, the Great Recession, the election of Barack Obama, the Haiti earthquake, the death of Osama Bin Laden, the Arab Spring, the Newtown shootings, the Boston Marathon bombing … to name just a few of the more prominent events.
Along the way, we’ve grown from an upstart law school with outsized dreams into an established and highly regarded institution, raising the level of legal debate and development across the state and region, and continually fulfilling the promise of our founding
Click on the years indicated in the left menu to revisit a few highlights from our history – so far!