RWU Law had a 86% pass rate for the July 2012 Massachusetts Bar for all first-time test takers, above the state average. Massachusetts is the state with the largest number of our graduates sitting for the exam and is our reporting state for the American Bar Association.
The CED Clinic serves nonprofit organizations and small businesses in need of transactional legal help. We provide our services free of charge to organizations that could not otherwise afford to pay market rate for legal services.
What we do:
- Draft formation documents, such as articles of incorporation/organization
- Draft by-laws, operating agreements and other governance documents
- Help to assure compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Draft 501(c)(3) tax-exemption applications
- Draft and review contracts, fiscal sponsor and other agreements
What we do not do:
- Business litigation
- Draft business plans
- Develop loan packages
- Prepare tax returns
What is our selection process for Clients?
We provide legal assistance to organizations that are unable to pay market rates for legal services and that fit our other selection criteria. The clinic strives to serve as many organizations as possible, but we cannot meet all of the request for our services.
Interested organizations should complete an intake form and e-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.