The Marine Affairs Institute holds a major symposium every other year. These events draw national and international experts in their various fields to RWU Law. Students can attend these symposia for free. Past topics range from fisheries law, climate change and the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
The CED Clinic serves nonprofit organizations and small businesses in need of transactional legal help. We provide our services free of charge to organizations that could not otherwise afford to pay market rate for legal services.
What we do:
- Draft formation documents, such as articles of incorporation/organization
- Draft by-laws, operating agreements and other governance documents
- Help to assure compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Draft 501(c)(3) tax-exemption applications
- Draft and review contracts, fiscal sponsor and other agreements
What we do not do:
- Business litigation
- Draft business plans
- Develop loan packages
- Prepare tax returns
What is our selection process for Clients?
We provide legal assistance to organizations that are unable to pay market rates for legal services and that fit our other selection criteria. The clinic strives to serve as many organizations as possible, but we cannot meet all of the request for our services.
Interested organizations should complete an intake form and e-mail the completed form to: email@example.com.