- Marine Affairs Advisory Board Meeting
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Bay View Room
- Public Interest Auction
- 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Providence Biltmore Hotel
- Reassessing NEW YORK TIMES CO. V. SULLIVAN: Freedom of the Press, 50 Years Later
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- RWU School of Law
- 21st Annual Barrister’s Ball
- 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Newport Marriott, 25 America’s Cup Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island
- Washington, D.C. Law Alumni Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Marriott Washington at Metro Center, 775 12th Street NW, Washington, D.C.
The Marine Affairs Institute sponsors speakers, symposia and interdisciplinary training programs that provide law students and practitioners alike with opportunities to meet with other marine law professionals in both formal and informal settings, and learn about recent developments in ocean and coastal law. Recent topics have included marine renewable energy, such as wind power; international cargo liability; ecosystem-based management and fisheries law.