Opportunities for scholarship don't end with the offer of admission. Our second and third year students are considered for a number of awards. Applicants are encouraged to contact such organizations directly for information. Additionally, a free scholarship search is available on the Internet at www.fastweb.com and at www.rischolarships.org.
- Generously funded through a gift from Esther and John Clark, the Professor Esther Clark Endowed Scholarship is awarded to a rising second year student on the basis of outstanding academic performance.
- The Gary L. Bahr Memorial Scholarship is named in memory of Professor Gary L. Bahr, a member of the founding faculty at Roger Williams University School of Law and the first Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, who passed away July 7, 1999. Awarded annually, this endowed scholarship is given to a first year student. This scholarship recognizes the student who received the highest combined academic average in Contracts and Torts.
- In 2015, two $3,200 Law Alumni Association Scholarships will be awarded to two deserving law students who have completed their first year of study based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need. 2015 Candidate Criteria and Application
- Established in 1992, the RIAJ's Justice Joseph R. Weisberger Endowed Scholarship, funded with generous support from the Rhode Island Association for Justice, is awarded to a law student. Deserving recipients are selected based on their demonstrated interest in Trial or other Legal Advocacy courses and must be a student of high academic achievement.
- The Thurgood Marshall Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a law student who has completed his/her second-year curriculum and has demonstrated academic merit and financial need.
- Many local bar associations, corporations, community groups and fraternal organizations offer scholarships and grants to law students.