In this space, which we have named trending@rwulaw, you will be able to hear the many voices that make up the RWU Law community. Beginning soon, you will find here posts from members of the faculty, staff, and student body. You will also find posts from alumni, members of our boards, and other friends and supporters of the law school.
If you read these posts you will conclude, as I have, that RWU Law is not like every other law school.
- We are a leader in experiential education.
- We are a leader in training lawyers who are socially responsible.
- We are a leader in controlling the spiraling cost of legal education.
- We have shown that great classroom teachers can also be regularly engaged in meaningful, relevant research.
- We are a diverse and tolerant community. And that community extends far beyond our beautiful campus in Bristol, Rhode Island. Our students interact with lawyers, judges, business people, and others all around the region, throughout Rhode Island, and in Providence, the state capital.
- We are not an ivory tower. We have our fingers on the pulse of the legal profession, and we are preparing our students for the future and not for the past.
- We are not like every other law school, and we are proud of what makes us different.
I also encourage you to follow me on Twitter @MichaelYelnosky for real-time information about what is happening at the law school.