- Pro Bono Collaborative Cocktail Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- One Citizens Plaza Rotunda, Providence, RI
- Boston Law Alumni Networking Reception
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Highball Lounge, Boston
- Class of 2018 "How to Prepare for Law School" BBQ/Mixer
- 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Law Alumni Association Annual Breakfast Meeting
- 7:45 am - 9:15 am
- Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence
- 17th Annual Rhode Island Attorney General Open Government Summit
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol, RI
Programs & Services
Below please find a list of services that are provided by the Office of Career Services.
- Counseling: We offer career counseling to students & alumni in various forms such as one-on-one counseling sessions via telephone, in-person, or by e-mail.
- Symplicity: Our online database for jobs. Alumni can search for jobs wherever they are and can also upload resumes, cover letters, writing samples, references etc. so they can easily submit their materials when applying to a job. Currently over 1000 employers are in our database.
- Cover Letter & Resume Review: We encourgae students and alumni to set-up a meeting with our counelors to review thier cover letter and resumes.
- Resume Books: Twice a year, we send out resumes of recent graduates to over 200 law firms and public interest employers in New England.
- Intercollegiate Job Bank: We enroll in the BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank. We have a username and password specific to RWUSOL and students & alumni can search for jobs posted by other law schools nationwide.
- University of Arizona Handbook Government & Public Policy Handbooks: We subscribe to these two handbooks so that our students & alumni can have access to government and public policy jobs nationwide. RWUSOL has their own username and password.
- Reciprocity: We request reciprocity for our students & alumni at any school in the country so they can gain access to local job postings.
- Information Sessions/Speaker Panels: Through out the year we hold career-focused information sessions and often times alumni will be the keynote speakers. Some past topics have included intellectual property, solo practioners & networking skills.
- Mock Interviews: Students & alumni are invited to participate in mock interviews as interviewers or interviewees.
- Mentor Program: Alumni can participate in the Rhode Island Association for Justice Mentor Program as mentors to current students interested in trial work.
- Women in Law Day: Students & alumni are invited to attend this event. We invite an outstanding women to participate in this event as the keynote speaker to discuss issues in the legal profession.