Summer Stipend Recipients
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Cybersecurity + Law Enforcement: The Cutting Edge Symposium
- 8:00 am - 5:15 pm
- RWU Law | Bristol, Rhode Island
- Marine Affairs Joint Degree Informational Meeting
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Bay View Room
- Pro Bono Celebration Week
- All Day
- Pro Bono Celebration Week - Law & Organizing Events
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Pro Bono ELR
“Every lawyer, regardless of professional prominence or professional workload, has a responsibility to provide legal services to those unable to pay, and personal involvement in the problems of the disadvantaged can be one of the most rewarding experiences in the life of a lawyer.”
- Model Rule 6.1 of Professional Conduct,
American Bar Association, Comment #1
RWU Law’s Pro Bono Experiential Learning Requirement (Pro Bono ELR) is designed to instill in law students the value and habit of providing pro bono legal service to low-income communities and increasing access to justice, while at the same time providing an opportunity for students to gain valuable practical legal experience.
RWU Law’s Pro Bono Experiential Learning Requirement (Pro Bono ELR) requires every student to undertake 50 hours of law-related pro bono legal work, as defined by ABA Model Rule 6.1, in order to graduate. Law students may not receive compensation or academic credit for their qualifying service and placements must be approved.
The Pro Bono ELR Student Information Guide can be found at Pro Bono Experiential Learning Requirement Student Information Guide.