Summer Stipend Recipients
- Professor Robert B. Kent '01H Law Library Student Lounge Dedication
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- RWU Law Library - Bristol Campus
- Jeopardy! | RWU Law
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- School of Law | Appellate Courtroom 283
- Marine Law Symposium
- 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol, RI
- LSAT Free Practice Test
- 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- RWU Law Experiential Campus, 1 Empire Street, 4th Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- RWU Law Providence Experiential Campus Celebration
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- One Empire Street, Providence
The following is a list of active Pro Bono Collaborative projects listed by law firm. Each of our projects involves RWU Law students working under the supervision of law firm attorneys.
Community based organizations are encouraged to propose Pro Bono Collaborative projects. To do so, complete the Pro Bono Collaborative Project Proposal Application.
- provides advice and counsel to Year Up Providence staff related to their students, and a twice-yearly rights presentation to the program's students on basic criminal law and expungement.
- provides legal assistance to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes in partnership with Catholic Social Services of Fall River, and
- is assisting participants in the federal H.O.P.E. Court, a new re-entry court.
- provides expungement legal clinics in partnership with RI Coalition for the Homeless.
- provides non-profit incorporation and business advice to community based organizations serving low-income communities.
- provides educational workshops and legal assistance on criminal expungement issues to clients of McAuley House. In addition to the workshops, the law firm assists McAuley Ministries, McAuley House's umbrella organization, with business law related advice and counsel, on an as-needed basis.
- Working with Bradley Hospital's Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and RWU law students to assist parents of disabled children turning 18 to provide advice and counsel regarding their options and, where appropriate, establishing legal guardianship of their children.
- provides housing and employment rights education at the Women's Center of Rhode Island, and
- provides employment and labor presentations to community based organizations through the Rhode Island Foundation's Initiative for Non-Profit Excellence.
- provides advice and counsel to homeless individuals at Amos House through the RI Coalition for the Homeless Legal Clinic.
Projects involving multiple law firms and/or legal services organizations:
- Immigration Help for Children - With law students, attorneys Deborah Gonzalez, Hans Bremer, Cecily Ziegler and Carl Krueger provide advice, counsel and assistance clinics - specifically relating to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) and Special Immigrant Juveniles - to immigrant youth served by Olneyville Neighborhood Association (ONA), Central Falls Schools, and East Bay Community Action Program.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Project (VITA)
- Alternative Spring Break
- Street Law