Summer Stipend Recipients
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Public Interest Potluck
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Providence, RI
- 4th Annual Professor Anthony J. Santoro Business Law Lecture Series
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Omni Hotel Providence
- 1L Marine Affairs "Meet the Bay" Boat Trip with Save The Bay
- 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Leaves from Herreshoff Dock, Bristol
- 3rd Annual Law Alumni Weekend
- 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The following is a list of active Pro Bono Collaborative projects listed by law firm. Each of our projects involves RWU Law students working under the supervision of law firm attorneys.
Community based organizations are encouraged to propose Pro Bono Collaborative projects. To do so, complete the Pro Bono Collaborative Project Proposal Application.
- provides advice and counsel to Year Up Providence staff related to their students, and a twice-yearly rights presentation to the program's students on basic criminal law and expungement.
- provides legal assistance to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes in partnership with Catholic Social Services of Fall River, and
- is assisting participants in the federal H.O.P.E. Court, a new re-entry court.
- provides expungement legal clinics in partnership with RI Coalition for the Homeless.
- provides non-profit incorporation and business advice to community based organizations serving low-income communities.
- provides educational workshops and legal assistance on criminal expungement issues to clients of McAuley House. In addition to the workshops, the law firm assists McAuley Ministries, McAuley House's umbrella organization, with business law related advice and counsel, on an as-needed basis.
- Working with Bradley Hospital's Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and RWU law students to assist parents of disabled children turning 18 to provide advice and counsel regarding their options and, where appropriate, establishing legal guardianship of their children.
- provides housing and employment rights education at the Women's Center of Rhode Island, and
- provides employment and labor presentations to community based organizations through the Rhode Island Foundation's Initiative for Non-Profit Excellence.
- provides advice and counsel to homeless individuals at Amos House through the RI Coalition for the Homeless Legal Clinic.
Projects involving multiple law firms and/or legal services organizations:
- Immigration Help for Children - With law students, attorneys Deborah Gonzalez, Hans Bremer, Cecily Ziegler and Carl Krueger provide advice, counsel and assistance clinics - specifically relating to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) and Special Immigrant Juveniles - to immigrant youth served by Olneyville Neighborhood Association (ONA), Central Falls Schools, and East Bay Community Action Program.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Project (VITA)
- Alternative Spring Break
- Street Law