Summer Stipend Recipients
- Talk on U.N. Convention on Law of the Sea with Rear Admiral Steven D. Poulin
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Bay View Room - School of Law
- Winter Solstice
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Bay View Room
- Law Alumni Association Holiday Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Citizens Plaza Rotunda
- Marine Affairs Advisory Board Meeting
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Bay View Room
- Champions for Justice Dinner and Public Interest Auction
- 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Providence Biltmore Hotel
The following is a list of active Pro Bono Collaborative projects listed by law firm. Each of our projects involves RWU Law students working under the supervision of law firm attorneys.
Community based organizations are encouraged to propose Pro Bono Collaborative projects. To do so, complete the Pro Bono Collaborative Project Proposal Application.
- provides advice and counsel to Year Up Providence staff related to their students, and a twice-yearly rights presentation to the program's students on basic criminal law and expungement.
- provides legal assistance to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes in partnership with Catholic Social Services of Fall River, and
- has joined forces with the Sargent Center's Regional Resource Center to provide estate planning workshops and legal clinics to families served by the Center.
- assists The Transcending Through Education Foundation (TTEF) in gaining the tax status necessary to undertake its mission of providing resources and support for incarcerated individuals in Rhode Island to obtain a higher education, and
- provides advice and counsel and develops agreements related to the transfer of Project RENEW from Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation to Amos House. Project RENEW reduces prostitution and provides HIV prevention, case management, and referral services.
- provides expungement legal clinics in partnership with Khadarlis to provide expungement advice and counsel at the organization's annual event.
- provides non-profit incorporation and business advice to the Happy Baskets program, a Cumberland based organization that annaully provides over 350 Thanksgiving and holiday baskets to low-income families.
- provides rights education and direct legal assistance to parents of at-risk children with special education needs, through East Bay Community Action Program and the Medical Legal Partnership at Hasbro Children's Hospital.
- provides educational workshops and legal assistance on criminal expungement issues to clients of McAuley House. In addition to the workshops, the law firm assists McAuley Ministries, McAuley House's umbrella organization, with business law related advice and counsel, on an as-needed basis.
- Working with Bradley Hospital's Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and RWU law students to assist parents of disabled children turning 18 to provide advice and counsel regarding their options and, where appropriate, establishing legal guardianship of their children.
- provides housing and employment rights education at the Women's Center of Rhode Island, and
- provides employment and labor presentations to community based organizations through the Rhode Island Foundation's Initiative for Non-Profit Excellence.
- provides immigration advice and counsel - specifically relating to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) - to immigrant youth served by Olneyville Neighborhood Association (ONA), Central Falls High School, and East Bay Community Action Program.
- provides advice and counsel to inmates in the Adult Correctional Institute on civil matters, and
- provides advice and counsel to homeless individuals at Amos House through the RI Coalition for the Homeless Legal Clinic.
RI Disability Law Center and Ellen Saideman, Esq.
- provide research and analysis on Rhode Island special education policies.
Projects involving multiple law firms and/or legal services organizations:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Project (VITA)
- Alternative Spring Break
- Street Law