RWU Law has 2,800 alumni working across the United States and beyond!
RWU Law Alumni Services
The library is pleased to offer graduates of the Roger Williams University School of Law a variety of resources and services. Alumni visitors may use the extensive law library collection of Rhode Island, federal, and New England state materials.
Alumni Borrower Card
Complete the application form and submit it to a full-time Library circulation staff member or Reference Librarian with your valid drivers’ license or state issued ID containing your full name and address.
Applications are normally processed Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm by full-time library staff who will issue your borrower card. Materials may be borrowed immediately upon receipt of the borrower's card. The card must be presented to the Circulation staff at the time of borrowing.
Borrowing & Renewing Library Materials
Most single volume stack materials may be borrowed as follows:
- The borrowing period is 14 days.
- Two renewals, subject to recall, is possible.
- The maximum number of items which may be borrowed is 3 per patron.
Reserve materials may be borrowed as follows:
- The borrowing period for all materials is 2 hours.
- Materials circulate for in-library use only.
Audiovisual and Group Study Room Keys may be borrowed as follows:
- The borrowing period is 3 hours and may be renewed subject to availability.
- Availability of room keys is subject to restrictions based on current student needs. For example, room keys may not be borrowed during exam periods.
Patrons may renew material via the telephone when full-time staff are available or renew material online anytime.
To renew via the telephone, call the Circulation Desk at 254-4546 during the normal business day.
To renew online, patrons may use the "My Library > My Account" option in the WebCatalog. They can review a list of the materials currently checked out, see the due dates and times for all items, and select items to be renewed.
Overdue materials may not be renewed.
- Overdue notices are sent the first business day an item is overdue. Materials not returned after two notices are billed and a billing notice is sent. Bills are issued for the estimated replacement cost of the item plus a billing fee in the amount of $25.00.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended while a bill/billing fee is outstanding. Periodic reminder notices will be sent for unpaid bills/billing fees.
Computing and Digital Resources
Most library research databases and the Internet may be accessed from the computer workstations on the hexagons in the central part of the library. Databases which are not available due to licensing restrictions include: LEXIS, WESTLAW, and BloombergLaw The hexagon computers also provide access to Microsoft Office applications in addition to the library’s digital resources.
The librarians are available to provide reference assistance to RWU Law Alumni in person, by phone (401-254-4547), or via the Ask a Librarian service (chat or email).
Extended Borrowing Privileges
Upon a demonstration of need, arrangements may be made for extended borrowing of circulating materials. Requests for extended borrowing privileges should be directed to the Associate Law Librarian, Lucinda Harrison-Cox at 401-254-4533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.