As of Fall 2012, RWU Law has 2,513 alumni working across the United States and beyond!
Borrow and Renew
With their own valid School of Law ID card, law school students may check out library materials under the following circulation policies:
- Two Hour Reserve - These materials, which include items on course reserve, hornbooks and nutshells, are checked out from the Circulation Desk.
- Forty-Eight Hour Reserve - When the Library owns three or more copies of a hornbook or nutshell, copies three and above are allowed to circulate for a forty-eight hour period.
- Four Week Circulation - Most single volume monographs from the classified collection are allowed to circulate for four weeks.
- Audiovisual Room and Study Room Keys - Room keys circulate for three hours and may be renewed subject to the Room Reservation Policy.
Law alumni borrowers should refer to the RWU Law Alumni Services page for information about their borrowing privileges and responsibilities.
Patrons may renew material via the telephone when full-time staff are available or renew material online anytime.
To renew via the telephone, call the Circulation Desk at 254-4546 during the normal business day.
To renew online, patrons may use the "My Library > My Account" option in the WebCatalog. They can review a list of the materials currently checked out, see the due dates and times for all items, and select items to be renewed.
Overdue materials may not be renewed.
- Overdue notices are sent the first business day an item is overdue. Materials not returned after two notices are billed and a billing notice is sent. Bills are issued for the estimated replacement cost of the item plus a billing fee in the amount of $25.00.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended while a bill/billing fee is outstanding. Periodic reminder notices will be sent for unpaid bills/billing fees.
Frequently Asked Questions about Borrowing Materials
Can I borrow materials from the University Library?
- Yes. Go to the University Library and present your student ID. You should be in their online system. If not, they will enter you into their system.
What if an item seems to be "missing" from the stacks?
- Ask a member of the Law Library staff to join the search. We may be able to identify additional places to look.
- If it is at the bindery, we can determine when it should be back and arrange to have it available as quickly as possible.
What if I need an item that is not available at either the Law Library or the University Library?
- Item(s) can be requested through Interlibrary Loan. The request form and additional information is available on this site under Interlibrary Loan.