RWU Law had a 86% pass rate for the July 2012 Massachusetts Bar for all first-time test takers, above the state average. Massachusetts is the state with the largest number of our graduates sitting for the exam and is our reporting state for the American Bar Association.
Use Group Study Rooms
*** Make an advance reservation. ***
Room Reservation Policy
There are eighteen small rooms which can be used for group study or audio/video review. Four of the rooms are equipped for videotape playback. The other rooms are primarily used for study groups. Use of these rooms is governed by this room reservation policy which covers advanced reservations, cancellations, fines, and consequences of the misuse of rooms. The reservation policy was implemented to address concerns about fair access to the study and audio/visual equipment rooms in the Library. Under this policy, students, faculty, alumni, and staff of the Roger Williams University School of Law may reserve AV rooms for audio/visual playback or group study use and may reserve study rooms for group use.
- A study room may be reserved in advance using the online room reservation system by a group of two or more current RWU School of Law students or alumni equaling at least half the room’s listed capacity.
- Advance reservations are limited to one three hour block of time per day per group. Listed members of the group may not overlap with any other group.
- Renewals are permitted if the room has not been reserved. Students and alumni should go to the Circulation Desk to renew a room. They may continue to renew the key in up to three hour increments for as long as the room is not reserved.
- An individual student may check out a study room key for use during times when the room is not reserved for group use, but may not reserve a room in advance.
- Groups with reservations have priority over all use of the study rooms by individuals or by groups after their initial reserved time period.
- Use of all study rooms is limited to students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the Roger Williams University School of Law.
- All groups and individuals must promptly exit a study room that has been reserved.
Reservation Cancellations, Fines, and Misuse of Rooms:
- Failure to appear for a reserved time slot within 15 minutes of the start of the time slot will result in the cancellation of the reservation and the room will become available for others to use.
- Fines are charged for room keys that are not returned on time and overdue room keys may not be renewed.
- Failure to comply with these policies may result in the cancellation of your reservation.
- Continued failure to comply with the policy will result in loss of the privilege to make advance room reservations for the remainder of the current semester.