- Litigation Academy "Mediation Skills Program"
- 11:30 am - 11:30 am
- One Exchange Terrace, Providence, RI
- Free Practice LSAT Test
- 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
- RWU Law Experiential Campus, 1 Empire Street, 4th Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- May Accepted Students Day with Providence Preview
- 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
- RWU Law Experiential Education Campus- Providence & Main Campus- Bristol
- School of Law Commencement
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol, RI
- Class of 2020 How to Prepare for Law School BBQ/Mixer
- 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- RWU Law Main Campus, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
History of the Pro Bono Collaborative
- May 2004: School of Law hosted the Racial Justice Colloquium, which was funded by the Rhode Island Foundation and which brought together attorneys and community representatives to focus on issues of racial justice. Primary among these issues was the dire need for pro bono legal assistance in low-income communities, and especially communities of color.
- June 2005: School of Law published “Addressing Unmet Legal Need in Rhode Island: Barriers and Incentives to Pro Bono Participation,” also funded by the R.I. Foundation, which reported findings from a voluntary survey of R.I. attorneys about contributing factors to pro bono participation.
- June 2005: School of Law presented survey results at R.I. Bar Annual Meeting, and brought attorneys from the Pro Bono Initiative in Chicago to talk about the success of their program, which was designed to increase the availability of pro bono legal services in that state.
- January 2006: Pro Bono Collaborative Pilot Project, supported by a generous grant from the R.I. Foundation, was launched at the School of Law’s Feinstein Institute for Legal Service.
- January 2007: Pro Bono Collaborative received additional funding from the R.I. Foundation.
- October 2007: Pro Bono Collaborative held the first meeting of its new Advisory Board. Comprised of leaders in the legal, non-profit, and law school communities, the Advisory Board has been asked to bring ideas, wisdom, and experience to the table as the Pro Bono Collaborative continues to extend its reach into the community.
- January 2008: Pro Bono Collaborative received additional funding from the R.I. Foundation.