- 15th Annual Rhode Island Attorney General Open Government Summit
- 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- School of Law, Bristol, R.I.
- RWU Law 20th Anniversary CVS Caremark Downtown 5K Team
- 11:15 am - 12:30 pm
- Providence, RI
- 2nd Annual Professor Anthony J. Santoro Business Law Lecture Series
- 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Omni Providence Hotel, One West Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island
- RWU Law Alumni Celebration Weekend
- All Day
- RWU Law Bristol Campus
- 14th Annual Law Alumni Association Scholarship Golf Tournament
- 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Metacomet Country Club, 500 Veterans Memorial Parkway, East Providence, Rhode Island
Burns & Levinson LLP has two active projects:
- Burns & Levinson LLP provides advice and counsel to Year Up Providence staff related to their students, and a twice-yearly rights presentation to the program's students on basic criminal law and expungement.
Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP has three active projects:
- Edwards Wildman provides rights education and direct legal assistance through monthly legal clinics at Children’s Friend & Service RI.
- The law firm provides legal assistance to immigrant victims of domestic violence and other crimes in partnership with Catholic Social Services of Fall River.
- Edwards Wildman has joined forces with Grand Divas (RI-based kinship care support group) to provide a simple wills workshop and legal clinic to grandparents who are caring for their grandchildren.
Hinckley Allen & Snyder LLP has three ongoing projects:
- Hinckley Allen Snyder LLP is assisting The Transcending Through Education Foundation (TTEF) in gaining the tax status necessary to undertake its mission of providing resources and support for incarcerated individuals in Rhode Island to obtain a higher education.
- The law firm incorporated the Mariposa Center (early childhood learning center) as a non-profit organization and provides ongoing business law advice and counsel.
- The law firm also provides legal assistance to familes on special education matters in partnership with the Rhode Island Disability Law Center.
Nixon Peabody LLP has two active PBC projects:
- The law firm provides expungement legal clinics in partnership the RI Coalition for the Homeless and works with Operation Stand Down to provide expungement advice and counsel at the organization's annual event.
- The law firm also works with Looking Upwards to assist the ogranization's clients with end of life medical decision-making issues.
Pannone Lopes Devereaux & West LLC provides non-profit incorporation and business advice to the Happy Baskets program, a Cumberland based organization that annaully provides over 350 Thanksgiving and holiday baskets to low-income families.
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP has two active PBC projects:
- PS&H provides rights education and direct legal assistance to parents of at-risk children with special education needs, through East Bay Community Action Program.
- PS&H has also assisted the Grand Divas in incorporating in RI and filing its 501(c)(3) application.
Ratcliffe Burke Harten & Galamaga LLP provides educational workshops and legal assistance on criminal expungement issues to clients of McAuley House. In addition to the workshops, the law firm assists McAuley Ministries, McAuley House's umbrella organization, with business law related advice and counsel, on an as-needed basis.
Taylor Duane Barton & Gilman LLP is working on the following two projects:
- Working with Bradley Hospital's Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and RWU law students to assist parents of disabled children turning 18 to provide advice and counsel regarding their options and, where appropriate, establishing legal guardianship of their children.
- Incorporating and filing 501(c)(3) application for Singing Out Against Hunger (Tiverton-based organization that raises money for local anti-hunger programs).
Whelan & Siket LLP just joined the PBC and has one project.
- The firm provides housing and employment rights education at the Women's Center of Rhode Island.
- The firm also provides employment and labor presentations to community based organizations participating in the PBC.