Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Roger Williams University School of Law has recently made decisions related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) that may affect your options to interact with the Law School community.
Out of concern for the safety of our visitors and all members of our community, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Accepted Student Days on March 20 & April 3, 2020 and temporarily suspend all in-person visits to campus. Current best-practice advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Rhode Island Department of Health is to minimize exposure. (Last updated March 24, 2020)
We want to ensure you are still able to keep learning about RWU Law to help in your decision-making process, so we have implemented the following opportunities to engage with us:
- Campus Visits. At the current time, we have made the decision to suspend all in-person visits to campus. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about a previously-scheduled tour.
- Future Events. Although our March & April ASDs have been cancelled, we are hopeful that the May 8, 2020 ASD and June 12, 2020 BBQ will occur, and we encourage you to register for those events now. We recognize that this is a fluid situation and will communicate if our current plans change.
- Online Opportunities. Over the coming weeks, RWU Law will offer various online opportunities to connect with our community. We will continue to add information here about connecting with faculty, staff, students, and alumni, through a variety of live-streamed events and videos. We have two upcoming panels:
- Friday, April 3 at 1pm: Drop-in with Admissions and our Director of Diversity & Outreach. Register here;
- Monday, April 6 at 12:30pm: Drop-in with the Career Development Office. Register here;
- Monday, April 6 at 3pm: Drop-in with the Marine Affairs Institute. Register here; and
- Tuesday, April 7 at 2pm: Public Interest Drop-in. Register here.
- Get a Sense of Place. Over the past couple of days, we have put together an IG tour of the Law School as well as a quick tour of Bristol. Together, these will provide you with a great introduction to our community. To get a sense of place, follow @rwulaw on IG.
- Safety Protocols. At this time, safety protocols are in place for our campus. We have instructed members of our community to work from home when possible and diligently practice social distancing.
- Rely on your RWU Law Admissions Team. We know that these changes will lead to questions, and we are here to answer them – we encourage you to reach out to our Admissions Team with questions about these changes and RWU Law. Please complete this form to set up a phone or Zoom appointment.
We will be following up with more details about the virtual sessions and videos. In the meantime, you may register for our May 8, 2020 ASD & June 12, 2020 BBQ.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 401-254-4555. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we continue to act in the best interest of health and safety.