69% of RWU Law 1L students come from outside of Rhode Island. There are 22 states represented in the Class of 2015 alone.
- Legal Methods I & II (5 Credits)
- Contracts I & II (6 Credits)
- Torts I & II (5 Credits)
- Civil Procedure I & II (6 Credits)
- Property (5 Credits)
- Criminal Law (3 Credits)
- Criminal Procedure: Investigation (3 Credits)
- Professional Responsibility (2 Credits)
- Constitutional Law I & II (6 Credits)
- Evidence (4 Credits)
- Electives (14-16 Credits)
- Legal Methods Upper Level Courses
(2 Courses - may be taken in Year Two)
- Electives (26-29 Credits)
Students must complete 90 semester hours of credit to be eligible to receive the J.D. degree. The minimum cumulative GPA required for advancement to the second year is a 2.00. Likewise, students must achieve an annual GPA of 2.0 to advance to the third year and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required for graduation.
Over the past several years, approximately 6% of students have been academically dismissed after the first year of study and less than 1% thereafter.
Under the law school's grading policy, the mean grade in all first-year required courses must fall between 2.65 and 2.85. For all required courses after the first year, the mean grade must fall between 2.80 and 3.10. For all other courses there is no required or recommended mean.