RWU Law has 2,800 alumni working across the United States and beyond!
- Legal Practice I & II (5 Credits)
- Contracts I & II (6 Credits)
- Torts I & II (5 Credits)
- Civil Procedure I & II (6 Credits)
- Property (5 Credits)
- Criminal Law (3 Credits)
- Legal Practice III (2 Credits) (requirement begins with class of 2017)
- Criminal Procedure: Investigation (3 Credits)
- Professional Responsibility (2 Credits)
- Constitutional Law I & II (6 Credits)
- Evidence (4 Credits)
- Electives (13-15 Credits)
- Legal Practice Upper Level Course
(1 Course - may be taken in Year Two)
- Electives (28-32 Credits)
Students must complete 90 semester hours of credit to be eligible to receive the J.D. degree. The minimum cumulative GPA required for advancement to the second year is a 2.00. Likewise, students must achieve an annual GPA of 2.00 to advance to the third year and a cumulative GPA of 2.00 is required for graduation.
Over the past several years, approximately 6% of students have been academically dismissed after the first year of study and less than 1% thereafter.
Under the law school's grading policy, the mean grade in all first-year required courses must fall between 2.65 and 2.85. For all required courses after the first year, the mean grade must fall between 2.80 and 3.10. For all other courses there is no required or recommended mean.