The Marine Affairs Institute holds a major symposium every other year. These events draw national and international experts in their various fields to RWU Law. Students can attend these symposia for free. Past topics range from fisheries law, climate change and the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
Office of Student Finance & Records
The Office of Student Finance and Records provides both Registrar and Bursar services.
This office maintains the official accademic records for current and former students.
Specific responsibilities of this office include, but are not limited to:
- Issuing billing statements via E-Bill
- Processing payments
- Collection of delinquent accounts
- Refunding overpaid accounts accordingly
- Facilitates registration
- Verifies enrollment and degrees
- Processes transcript requests
- Produces the final exam schedule
- Administration of Final Exams
- Disseminates Grade Reports (post to MY RWU)
- Handles all corrections to student data
- Ensures that graduates have fulfilled all requirements
- Implements applicable policies and procedures
- Preparation of Dean Certificates for Bar Applicants
The office staff is committed to providing courteous and effective services for the RWU School of Law community. We maintain the integrity of academic student records, protect students’ rights to privacy and use available technology to deliver efficient registration into classes. The policy and procedures administered in this office may be federal, institutional, state, departmental, or a combination of all. We will make sincere efforts to ensure that proper policy or procedure preside in any and all situations, and that we are in accordance with both School of Law/University policies and procedures, ABA, and AALS standards.