A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- The 'Master of Studies in Law' Takes Off!
- Sick of politics this election season but still like puppies? We have the day for you!
- Video Highlights Litigation Academy
- Time to Teach Business
- ResearchFest: Here’s why YOU should attend!
- Raising the Bar, One Pun at a Time
- Directed Research
- Come & Celebrate Roger On the Block!
- Success in Law School (& Beyond)
- The Goal of Gender Equality in Cybersecurity
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Clinic & Clinical Externship Info Session
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Room 262
- Alternative Spring Break 2017 Info Session
- 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm
- Room 283 - School of Law Bristol Campus
- Jeopardy! | RWU Law
- All Day
- School of Law | Appellate Courtroom 283
- Marine Law Symposium
- 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol, RI