A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
What We’re Saying
Recent Blogger Posts
- RWU Law in the "Real World"
- RWU Law Grads Top Connecticut Bar Exam Results
- RWU Law Alums Gather in NYC, Miami, and Boston
- When Climbing Everest, Look Down...
- RWU Law Prof Looks at The American Empire through Unique Lens
- RWU Grads Successful in Judicial Clerkship Market
- RWU Law Again Hosts Diversity Symposium Dinner
- Annual Trip to DC Nets a Face-to-face with Justice Sotomayor and a Capitol Tour by Senator Whitehouse
- Tips for Networking
- RWU Law Students Get the Gripping Story behind the “Station Fire” Litigation
- Pro Bono Collaborative Cocktail Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Citizens Plaza Rotunda
- Philadelphia Area Law Alumni Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Open House for Admitted Students
- 9:15 am - 1:30 pm
- RWU Law, Ten Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Law Alumni Association Breakfast/School of Law 20th Anniversary Celebration Kick-off
- 7:45 am - 9:15 am
- Rhode Island Convention Center, First Floor West Lobby, Providence
- Bridging The Gap: Restart and Recharge Your Legal Career
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- RWU School of Law