A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
What We’re Saying
Recent Blogger Posts
- RWU Law Students Meet, Network, with Top Public Interest Attorneys at Cover Retreat
- Taking on the NCAA
- Summer Legal Research
- Alum Lands Coveted Spot at New Immigration Initiative
- Women-in-Law Day Focuses on Path-breaking Lawyers
- To LinkedIn or Not? That is the Question!
- U.S. Senator Provides RWU Students Inside Scoop on the Senate
- Lawyers and Journalists Gather at RWU Law to Discuss a Seminal First Amendment Case, 50 Years Later
- Papers! The Writing Requirement!
- Professor Margulies on the National Stage (Twice!)
- Boston Alumni Networking Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- The Liberty Hotel, 215 Charles Street, Boston, MA
- Accepted Students Day
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- RWU Law Ten Metacom Avenue Bristol, RI 02809
- RWU School of Law Commencement
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Bristol, Rhode Island
- Pro Bono Collaborative 5th Annual Cocktail Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Law Alumni Association Annual Breakfast Meeting
- 7:45 am - 9:15 am
- Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence