A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- Meet the Class of 2017
- Thrive in Law School!
- What Makes Us Different
- A Free Resource of the Law Library: LexisNexis Courtroom Cast
- New Academic Year, New Dean, New Blog
- The Law Library’s Resources for Academic Success
- Time To Go: Dean Logan’s Last Blog
- RWU Law Alumni Association
- Pro Bono Collaborative Celebrates another Great Year
- Tip Top Spots
- Public Interest Potluck
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- 3rd Annual Professor Anthony J. Santoro Business Law Lecture Series
- 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Omni Hotel Providence
- 2nd Annual Law Alumni Weekend
- All Day
- 15th Annual Law Alumni Association Scholarship Golf Tournament
- 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Metacomet Country Club, 500 Veterans Memorial Parkway, East Providence