A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- Success in Law School (& Beyond)
- The Goal of Gender Equality in Cybersecurity
- Lemonade and Librarians
- Welcome, Class of 2019!
- RWU Law Continues To Add Skills Programs and Faculty
- Anchors Aweigh at RWU Law!
- The Olympics: Sports and Much More
- Women, the Legal Profession, and How Far We’ve Come
- America's Cycle of Violence
- All of Everything: Todd Oldham
- Open Door Speaker Series: "How to Manage a Corporate Client's Crisis”
- 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol | Room 262
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Roger on the Block
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- One Empire Street, Providence
- Surviving the Storm 2016: Employee Benefit Compliance & Employment Law Update
- 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
- RWU School of Law, Providence Campus
- Public Interest Potluck
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Law School Bistro