A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- A Busy Fall at the MAI
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Gender Divide on the Supreme Court
- Online Privacy Tools
- The Company You Keep
- The 2014 – 2015 Term of the U.S. Supreme Court: It’s Going to be Busy!
- Representing the Indigent
- Practice Makes Perfect
- Fall Fun in Rhode Island
- Pot Luck for Public Interest!
- Marine Affairs "Coffee & Conversation"
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Bay View Room
- 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Bay View Room
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol RI. 02809
- Hands-on Deposition Skills Training Program
- All Day
- Providence and Bristol, Rhode Island
- Secrets and Scandals: Reforming Rhode Island, 1986-2006
- 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol, RI