A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
What We’re Saying
Recent Blogger Posts
- Dancing the Night Away at the Barristers’ Ball
- Faculty Spotlight on Andrew Spacone: Bringing Decades of Sophisticated Corporate Work to RWU Students
- Legal Research: It’s Not Too Late to Learn More!
- Raisin’ Funds, Havin’ Fun
- HeinOnline: A Wealth of Resources Just a Click Away
- Randall Kennedy Delivers the 6th Thurgood Marshall Lecture, Shares Fascinating Insights and Anecdotes
- RWU Law Students Win National Religious Freedom Moot Court Competition
- Students Prepare for Practice through Experiential Learning in the Library
- The Revolving Door
- New Year's Resolutions for RWU Law Students!
- Marine Affairs Student Roundtable Luncheon
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Bay View Room
- "Should there be some form of judicial - or other independent - review of NCAA enforcement actions?"
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Ten Metacom Avenue, Bristol, Rhode Island
- Accepted Students Day
- All Day
- RWU Law, Ten Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Women in Law Day
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Ten Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI
- A Constitutional Convention for Rhode Island?
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Bryant University