A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- Marine Affairs: Esposito Takes the Helm
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Finding Legal Forms (Part 2)
- Litigation Academy Returns
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Finding Legal Forms (Part 1)
- From 'Guinea Pig' to Immigration Lawyer
- Other Resources on Campus - Part 3 & Adventures in Oral Advocacy
- Sounding the Alarm on Mass Incarceration
- Mass Incarceration Bibliography
- Open Door Speaker Series: The Transactional Side of Things
- Other Resources on Campus - Part 2
- Reception in Memory of Professor Robert B. Kent '01H
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- RWU School of Law | Bristol, Rhode Island
- Providence Law Alumni Networking Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- GPub, 61 Orange Street, Providence, RI
- Accepted Students Day
- 9:45 am - 1:30 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- School of Law Commencement
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- RWU School of Law, Bristol, RI
- Pro Bon Collaboarate Cocktail Reception
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- One Citizens Plaza Rotunda, Providence, RI