A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- Vaccine Nation by Elena Conis
- Who invented the FAQ page?
- Coming Home
- Success in Law School: The Collection
- Welcome, Class of 2018!
- Welcome (Back)!
- Defining the Boundaries of Insider Trading
- Enjoy a Beautiful Sunset at Independence Park
- From the Red Sox GC: Knowing the Law, Knowing the Business
- Spending the Last Days of Summer in Bristol
- Info Session for Prospective Students
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809
- Public Interest Potluck
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Providence, RI
- 4th Annual Professor Anthony J. Santoro Business Law Lecture Series
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Omni Hotel Providence
- 1L Marine Affairs "Meet the Bay" Boat Trip with Save The Bay
- 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Leaves from Herreshoff Dock, Bristol
- 3rd Annual Law Alumni Weekend
- 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm