A rich academic environment.
A dynamic student culture.
RWU Law is a rich, multi-dimensional community.You’ll spend plenty of time hitting the books, but we also offer an engaging array of extracurricular resources and activities to help make your time here productive and fulfilling – physically and socially, as well as intellectually and professionally.
Mentally fatigued after class? RWU’s spectacular Recreation Center is just a few steps away, featuring a fully equipped gym, squash courts, yoga and relaxation classes, basketball courts and an indoor swimming pool. Or if the weather's nice, why not grab a kayak (rental is free for students) and take a paddle around Mount Hope Bay.
Hungry? Take a break at the Law School Bistro, or head over to the RWU Dining Commons, an impressive facility offering dining options that cater to every taste and appetite, with a focus on organic and locally grown foods.
Time to get back to work? Study in RWU Law's impressive, state-of-the-art Law Library -- or find a quiet spot in one of the many nooks sprinkled through the law school building.
From the Multi-Cultural Law Students Association to the Federalist Society, from the Maritime Law Association to the Sports & Entertainment Law Society, there are student groups for every legal, political and personal interest.
And law-related extracurricular options abound. A few examples:
- The Roger Williams University Law Review allows top students to write and edit for our academic law journal.
- The Moot Court Board offers many chances to hone your appellate advocacy skills – with the state supreme court presiding over the final round of our main intra-school competition.
- Roger Williams Moot Court Teams have a national reputation for excellence, and 2009 was one of our best years yet.
Recent Blogger Posts
- Deflate-gate: Legal Beagle Edition
- A Fireside Chat with Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, Jr.
- Are You Prepared for Practice?
- Champions for Justice: The 2015 Public Interest Auction
- New Faces in the Law Library
- RWU Law’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- Job Hunting? Check These Out!
- New Year, New In the Library
- Ending 2014 with an Exclamation Point; Looking Forward to January ...
- Alumni Celebrate, Donate Toys-for-Tots
- Conversation with U.S. Solicitor General Donald B. Verrilli, Jr.
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- RWU Law Appellate Courtroom 283
- Master the Basics of Spinal Radiology
- 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
- Behind Closed Doors
- 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Appellate Courtroom - Room 283
- Washington, DC Law Alumni Reception
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Marriott Washington at Metro Center, 775 12th Street NW, Washington, DC
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar Admission RWU Law Alumni Swearing-in Ceremony
- 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Washington, DC