- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Keynote Speaker: Don Graves, Deputy Assistant to President Obama and Counselor to Vice President Biden
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- RWU Law – Appellate Courtroom 283
- Champions for Justice
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Omni Providence Hotel
- Providence Experiential Campus Open House
- 5:15 pm - 7:00 pm
- RWU Law Experiential Campus, 1 Empire Street, 4th Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- ’It’s Just a Building’ – The Role of a Lawyer in Real Estate Development
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- RWU Law, 10 Metacom Avenue, Bristol - Room 262
- Washington, DC Area Info Session for Prospective Students
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
Eliza Vorenberg, Director
Eliza Vorenberg is the Director of our Pro Bono Collaborative. Eliza is a graduate of Bryn Mawr College (1983) and Columbia Law School (1990) and clerked for Massachusetts Supreme Court Justice Herbert P. Wilkins. She has extensive experience in public interest law, the private sector, academia, and conflict resolution.
Her previous experience includes litigating employment and civil rights actions, investigating complaints of discrimination against faculty at UCLA and conducting sexual harassment training for UCLA faculty, mediating and conducting shuttle diplomacy for UCLA's Ombuds Office, and, as staff attorney at the Harriett Buhai Center in South Central Los Angeles, assisting low-income at-risk clients with their pro se family law matters. Prior to law school, Eliza was a housing and benefits advocate at Greater Boston Legal Services where she helped establish a unit focusing on homelessness. In addition, she served as a legislative aide to Massachusetts State Representative David B. Cohen.
She has directed the Pro Bono Collaborative since January, 2006.
Suzanne Harrington-Steppen, Project Coordinator
Suzanne Harrington-Steppen is the Project Coordinator of our Pro Bono Collaborative. Suzanne received a B.A. in Political Science from Boston College and a J.D. from City University of New York School of Law. Prior to joining the PBC, Suzanne completed a two-year federal clerkship with the Honorable Kevin Nathaniel Fox, United States Magistrate Judge. During law school, Suzanne interned with the ACLU Women’s Rights Project and MFY Legal Services. Prior to law school, Suzanne worked as a policy analyst for the California Food Policy Advocates and as a community organizer for the Los Angeles Coalition to End Hunger and Homelessness.