RWU Law had an 86% pass rate for the 2012 Rhode Island bar exam for all first time test takers, 5% higher than the state average.
Law Library Facts
- Square feet: 31,224
- Seating: 408
- Shelving: 27,279 linear feet
- Hours open each week when classes are in session: 110 hours
- Group study rooms: 18 rooms, several with A/V playback.
- Student computing: 25 lab computers (2 labs), 12 open computers
- Wireless network: 802.11n, including Guest access
- Printing/Copying/Scanning: 3 print stations, 2 copiers, 1 copy card vending machine, and 2 scanners. Lexis printing for current law affiliates only. Wireless printing available for law students.
- Volumes and volume equivalents: over 310,000
- Licensed databases and owned electronic titles: over 25,000
The library collection focuses on Rhode Island and Maritime Law and the library serves as a State Justice Institute depository. By arrangement with the University Library (a Selective Depository Library), the Law Library also maintains a number of federal government documents titles. The library collection is comprehensive for current and historical federal law materials: legislative, judicial, and administrative. The library also collects current and historical state law materials for the New England states and selected major states: legislative and judicial materials, secondary source materials, and treatises. The library also maintains a core international law collection.
- Full-time library employees: 11 (includes director)
- Librarians: 7 with Masters degrees in library & information science, 4 also hold a law degree.
- Paraprofessionals: 4 library paraprofessional staff