In October of 2012, the federal Legal Services Corporation published the Report of the Pro Bono Task Force and described the Pro Bono Collaborative as "one great example of how much can be accomplished through collaboration."
RWU Law Alumni Services
The library is pleased to offer graduates of the Roger Williams University School of Law a variety of resources and services. Alumni visitors may use the extensive law library collection of Rhode Island, federal, and New England state materials.
Alumni Borrower Card
Complete the application form and submit it to a full-time Library circulation staff member or Reference Librarian with your valid drivers’ license or state issued ID containing your full name and address.
Applications are normally processed Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm by full-time library staff who will issue your borrower card. Materials may be borrowed immediately upon receipt of the borrower's card. The card must be presented to the Circulation staff at the time of borrowing.
Borrowing & Renewing Library Materials
Most single volume stack materials may be borrowed as follows:
- The borrowing period is 14 days.
- One renewal, subject to recall, is possible.
- The maximum number of items which may be borrowed is 3 per patron.
Reserve materials may be borrowed as follows:
- The borrowing period for all materials is 2 hours.
- Materials circulate for in-library use only.
Audiovisual and Group Study Room Keys may be borrowed as follows:
- The borrowing period is 3 hours and may be renewed subject to availability.
- Availability of room keys is subject to restrictions based on current student needs. For example, room keys may not be borrowed during exam periods.
Viewing Your Library Record
Alumni may use the "My Library > My Account" option in the WebCatalog to review a list of the materials currently checked out. The list also displays the due dates and times for all items currently checked out.
Overdue Materials & Fines
- Fines are charged for overdue materials. Fines for stack materials are $.50 per day the item is overdue. Fines for reserve materials are $.50 per hour or portion of an hour the item is overdue. The maximum fine for an item before a bill is sent is $20.00.
- Overdue notices are sent the first business day an item is overdue. Materials not returned after two notices are declared lost. The last overdue notice is the billing notice. Bills are issued for the cost of the item plus a billing fee in the amount of the maximum overdue fine and a $5.00 processing fee.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended while a bill is outstanding or due to fines owed in excess of $20.00. Periodic reminder notices will be sent for unpaid fines/bills.
Computing and Digital Resources
Most library research databases and the Internet may be accessed from the computer workstations on the hexagons in the central part of the library. Databases which are not available due to licensing restrictions include: LEXIS, WESTLAW, and BloombergLaw The hexagon computers also provide access to Microsoft Office applications in addition to the library’s digital resources.
The librarians are available to provide reference assistance to RWU Law Alumni in person, by phone (401-254-4547), or via the Ask a Librarian service (chat or email).
Extended Borrowing Privileges
Upon a demonstration of need, arrangements may be made for extended borrowing of circulating materials. Requests for extended borrowing privileges should be directed to the Associate Law Librarian, Lucinda Harrison-Cox at 401-254-4533 or email@example.com.