RWU Law students can apply to receive up to $3,500 in a public interest summer stipend. Students chosen have used this funding to finance their summer work in New England, across the U.S. and beyond.
How Do I...
This law library offers a variety of services and resources aimed at helping law students research and study in the most effective way possible.
- Borrow and Renew: Our circulating collections, which you can borrow from the library, include books, treatises, and other materials.
- Use Interlibrary Loan: Materials that are not available at the Roger Williams University libraries may be obtained via Interlibrary Loan from our library consortia partners.
- Use Study Rooms: The law library offers 12 study rooms for School of Law students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Use Wireless & Library Computers: A wireless network provides students secure access via a dedicated network. Two computer labs and an open computing area provide computers with large monitors where patrons can conduct research, write, or use the Internet.
- Use Wireless Printing: Students may print via their dedicated wireless network to any of the library printers.
- Print/Copy: Networked printers are available in both computer labs. Computers in the open area print to the Library Print Center, where law students also have access to Lexis printers. For non-circulating materials that must be copied, the library provides two copiers in the Library Print Center.
- Use the KIC book scanner: Located within the Print Center, the KIC book scanner allows the library’s patrons to scan books or to use the sheet feeder to scan documents. The scans can be delivered via USB, Google Drive, email, or QR code.
- Download eBooks at the Law Library: The library offers selected titles in eBook format. Review the library’s guide to using the library's eBook collection for assistance related using particular devices, Kindle, Android, Apple, Nook, or Sony.
- Use Bloomberg/Lexis/Westlaw @ RWU: Learn how these powerful digital resources provide Training Opportunities, Alert Services, Green Printing alternatives, Summer Access, an even Post-Graduation Access to RWU Law students.
- Send/Receive a Fax: There are web-based services available to use to send or receive faxes for free.
- Use Digital Resources Off-Campus: Off-campus access to the majority of the Law Library's digital resources is available to Roger Williams University School of Law faculty, students, and staff through the Law Library's proxy service.