Class of 2021 Awards
The RWU Law community gathered virtually Monday afternoon to celebrate the Class of 2021 Awards program.
The RWU Law community, including friends and family of graduating 3Ls, gathered virtually Monday afternoon to celebrate the Class of 2021 Awards program.
Dean Gregory Bowman, marking the completion of his first academic year as dean, opened the program, commending the class on its resilience on completing a most difficult course of study under the aggravating circumstances of an unprecedented public health crisis. RWU President Ioannis Miaoulis also addressed the class, noting that its collective experience would make them strong and resilient leaders.
Specific honorees included:
- Tatiana Maria Gomez: Class Valedictorian
- Sophia Weaver: Law Review Editor-in-Chief
- Nora Wells: Moot Court President
- Ethan Armitano: SBA President
- RWU Law Trial Team: Recognized as a Group
- Honors Program Students: Recognized as a Group
- Students Completing 100+ Hours of Pro Bono Service: Recognized as a Group
- Shahily Negrón: Public Interest Award
- Erin Ferry: Public Interest Award
- Anna Lynn Kramer: Pro Bono Collaborative Award
- Amanda Nagim-Williams: Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Externship Student Award
- Nirali Patel: Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Clinical Student Award
- Ivan Cody: Kathleen M. Birt Memorial Dispute Resolution Prize
- Alyssa Lauren Lemire: Marine Affairs Achievement Award
- Alyssa Lauren Lemire: Coffey Maritime Writing Prize
- Ann Marie Thompson: Staff Person of the Year
- David Coombs: Adjunct Professor of the Year
- Brittany Raposa: Professor of the Year
After a few concluding remarks from Greg Hoffman ’13 of Barton Gilman LLP, Dean Bowman brought the program to an end, congratulating the entire Class of 2021 on their outstanding accomplishments.