United States Supreme Court Bar Admission Alumni Swearing-In Ceremony
United States Supreme Court Bar Admission
RWU Law Alumni Swearing-in Ceremony
U.S. Supreme Court, Washington, DC
The Roger Williams University School of Law announces its tenth United States Supreme Court Bar Admission alumni swearing-in ceremony.
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Dean Michael J. Yelnosky will invite the candidates for admission to join them for breakfast the morning of the swearing-in ceremony. The breakfast will be held at 8:00 a.m. at the Supreme Court of the United States. Supreme Court oral arguments will take place after the ceremony. Space is limited to twelve (12) attorney admissions. Alumni must be a member in good standing of the highest court of their jurisdiction for the past three years. Priority of acceptance into this program will be given to RWU Law graduates in order of receiving their email intent. A wait list will be taken once the twelve spaces are filled. You are allowed only one guest inside the courtroom.
If you wish to participate, please indicate your intent as soon as possible via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is now wait-listed.
Once you receive confirmation from the School of Law, you must follow the steps below to complete the application process.
The following criteria must be met for admission of U.S. Supreme Court Bar:
(1) Be a member in good standing of the highest court of your jurisdiction for a period of at least three years immediately before October 2018.
(2) Present a certificate of good standing from that court.
(3) Be sponsored by two current members of the U.S. Supreme Court Bar.
(4) Pay the $200 fee. Date check for February 26, 2019.
(5) Complete the Supreme Court of the United States Application for Admission to Practice Form. Please type form.
For complete admission information and forms, visit the U.S. Supreme Court Bar Admission website.
Office of Programs & Events