International Student Requirements
Most international students will need an F-1 visa to study in the United States. In order to receive an F-1 visa to study at Roger Williams University School of Law, you will first need to be accepted to the law school and make the required deposit to reserve your place in the upcoming class. Once you have been accepted and made your deposit, we will begin working with you on the required steps to receive your Form I-20. The Form I-20 is needed to make a visa appointment with the local US Consulate or Embassy.
To receive the Form I-20 you must submit the following documents via email and attached PDF's to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An I-20 Request Form
- A clear color scan/PDF of the identity page of your passport
- International Student Financial Statement
- A color scan/PDF of a recent bank statement in English to show proof of funding that covers one full year of all tuition, fees, and living expenses.
For students who are currently studying in the United States on an active F-1 visa, you will also need to submit the three following documents:
- A color scan/PDF of your current F-1 visa
- A color scan/PDF of your current Form I-20 (Pages 1 and 2)
- Completed F-1 Transfer Verification Form, please note your current Designated School Official (DSO) must fill out the bottom portion.
Once we receive all of the required documents, we will be able to produce the Form I-20. The Form I-20 is needed for an international student to request an appointment with the local US Embassy or Consulate for their F-1 visa interview. All students are responsible for the required SEVIS fee required prior to the interview. For more information, please see our page on the visa application process.
For more information about immigration and support services for international students, please check out the International Student Services page, or contact Cassidy Hammond, Assistant Director, International Student and Scholar Initiatives, at (401) 254-3400 or email@example.com.