Financial Aid Application Process
If you think you will need financial assistance to meet the direct or indirect costs associated with your legal education, you should complete the following:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – Submit your FAFSA each academic year, no earlier than October 1st for the following academic year. For example, if you plan to attend law school between August 2018 and May 2019, select the 2018-19 school year on the FAFSA website. The FAFSA should be completed online. The financial aid priority deadline is March 15th.
- The RWU Law Title IV code number is 003410.
- You will be required to complete a FAFSA each year and may also be asked to provide the Office of Financial Aid with a copy of your previous year’s IRS tax transcript and W2 forms. All law students are considered to be independent; parents’ financial information is not considered when determining eligibility for financial aid. By applying early, however, you ensure that you will be considered for all available assistance.
- Entrance Counseling is required for all law sudents borrowing a federal student loan and may be completed at StudentLoans.gov
- A free, nonprofit money management website is available to our students and alumni at CashCourse.org