School of Law Community; University and CRIARL Faculty
The Roger Williams University School of Law Library is a private institution that serves primarily the School of Law community: faculty, staff, students, and alumni of the law school. The library also serves University faculty and faculty from CRIARL member institutions.
Other Authorized Library Users
Roger Williams University students, members of the bench and bar, law students from ABA-approved schools, and students from CRIARL member institutions with a letter of referral from their University library may use the collection on the premises.
To maintain a quiet environment for study and research by the School of Law community, access to the library by these authorized library users is permitted as follows:
- Access is available during weekday reference hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm, excluding holidays and reading/exam periods.
- Users must sign-in and show a photo ID at the circulation desk.
- Access is limited to legal research needs requiring use of the collection.
- Written pre-authorization from the Assistant Dean for Library & Information Services is required for any exceptions.
Federal Depository Collection Users
The library is not open to members of the general public except for access to federal depository documents. Members of the general public interested in using federal depository documents may access materials selectively housed in the Law Library. Patrons should search the Law Library’s WebCatalog prior to visiting to determine if the desired federal depository document is available.
- Access to these documents is available during weekday reference hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm., excluding holidays and reading/exam periods.
- Members of the general public who wish to access federal depository documents must sign-in and show a photo ID at the circulation desk.
School of Law Building Access
During the fall and spring semesters, all entrances to the School of Law building will become card access only at 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, except during holiday periods when all entrances to the School of Law building may become card access only earlier. Saturday and Sunday all entrances will be card access after 4:00 p.m.
During the summer semester, all entrances to the School of Law building may be card access only earlier than 5:00 p.m.
- Members of the School of Law community will need to use their university-issued ID with Smart Card activation, in order to gain access to the law school building when the entrances are card access only.
- Visitors should plan accordingly.