Learn, Review, Practice: Getting Ready for Finals with Study Aids and eBooks
As final exams quickly approach, you are probably getting ready to review what you have learned so far in your classes, and what you have outlined so far in your review. But, what if you have some gaps to fill in or need some more practice? The library can help with our assortment of study aids, many of which are available as eBooks 24/7/365 online! Here’s a quick walkthrough of where our study aids might fit into your studying plan:
Completing assigned readings, attending class, and taking notes, are the crucial first steps in learning the material; there is no substitute. You have probably already done this part, so you are well on your way! You might have already used a favorite study aid or treatise throughout the semester to reinforce your learning.
If you have started outlining, you are already reviewing! If you haven’t yet or need help, reach out to the Academic Success team; but, as you are reviewing your notes and/or outlining, what if you need to fill in some information gaps? Study aids can help here too!
Here are some useful study aids series from each of our collections to help you review for your finals:
- RWU Digital Library: Understanding series, Mastering series
- West Academic Study Aids: Concepts and Insights series, Concise Hornbooks, Hornbooks, Law Stories, Short & Happy Guides, and Sum & Substance Audio
- Wolters Kluwer Online Study Aids: Glannon Guides, Inside series, Jumpstart series
Once you have filled in the gaps, it is time to practice. You could read your notes over and over again, but when you practice applying what you have learned to different scenarios (also known as issue spotting) and review your answers, you test your understanding. This allows you to focus your review on those areas where you have weaknesses.
Our study aids collections also include various series to help you apply and practice what you’ve learned:
- RWU Digital Library: Questions & Answers series
- West Academic Study Aids: Acing series, Exam Pro series
- Wolters Kluwer Online Study Aids: Examples & Explanations, Friedman’s Practice Series
To find out which titles are available for your law school classes and to jump to specific titles, visit our Study Aids page. If you need help figuring out which study aid might best fit your needs, reach out to your Law Librarians! Good luck on your exams!Library Blog